If you've had thyroid issues...

When did you realize something was wrong? What did your doctor say and do? How has it affected your lifestyle and did you overcome it without drugs?

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 2:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• Actually, I didn't. I was going to the doctor for a physical or something like that and my doctor noticed something was weird with my thyroid. I have hypothyroidism.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I gained ALOT of weight within a short amount of time ( again its taking a long time to take it off ) and I had a blood test done.

Im on meds for it now. I have hypothyroidism as well.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was having depression issues, gained a lot of weight, felt weird, my nails and hair were off and the doctor did a thyroid panel. My results were extremely abnormal. My TSH alone was 38. Normal is below 5. It was more of a pregnancy induced thing because over the past few years, I was getting too much medicine each time it was tapered down and now I am not on anything. I had my labs drawn a few weeks ago and all were normal. It was a rough few years and I can't imagine having to go through life with hypothyroidism.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It has been about 15 years since I was 1st diagnosed I would get up in the morning just so tired and I would go to work come home and sleep for a while get up and do a few things get supper done and sleep the rest of the evening then go to bed I did this for about 3 months before going to the dr and that's when he did tests and found out I have hypothyroidism the weight gain came a few years later for me while i was going through all of that my ex was I think but never sure having an affair and left me a month after I found out. I take meds and have always taken them I have for this. For this last year I can not get my thyroid regulated I go in every 2 months for a recheck and he adjusts my meds I get to where I am really tired then I get my meds adjusted and I get some energy

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010