What is the best age to get married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I know people who married as teens and have been happily married 40 years. I also know people who waited until they were in their 30s and 40s to be very unhappily married and divorced quickly. The answer is when you are sure you want to spend your life with someone.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• When you do not need a permission slip.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i believe anyone under the age of 25 should not get married! you should both have finished college and have a career going before marriage, then setle down , enjoy your younger years!
    Larainemarie

Answer by Larainemarie at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Wow I am married I am 24 getting ready for our second child and I am in college but I am glad someone has the right to make judgements about my life with absolutely no knowledge of who I am. I did enjoy my younger years I do not want to be raising kids when I am 50 so we wanted kids when we where young. It was our choice and we are 100% happy the way we live my husband has a god job and I get to go to school full time and be a SAHM we don't use child care. So I am not seeing where you have the right to say I shouldn't have.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 10:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• never... takes 10 minutes to get married and at least 90 days to get out of it....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The best age is when you feel you are ready and to be honest I don't think any one goes in to marriage being 100% ready!LOL I got married the first time at 27 to someone I was with for 8 years and we stayed married for almost 10 years we had a crazy relationship he has since passed but we were separated bfore that. Now I am married again for the second time I had just turned 40 and he 41 second for both. It is so much better this time around but that doesn't mean we were ready for it. Depends on the maturity of the person. Get married because you know the person and you love them not because you think it is thing to do at the time. Age doesn't really matter.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I think a person should finish high school & either get a good job or go to college before getting married... not just for the education, but for the life experience. Young people don't know everything about THEMSELVES, and aren't always ready to commit to someone else. I was 24 when I got married (3 years ago today, actually) and we have a great relationship.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I also believe that for most people waiting until they aree 20 is best but i know 3 couples that got married at 17 and they have a rock solid marriage.
    I wasn't ready until 25 but others are way more mature then i was and ready earlier
    natalie23910

Answer by natalie23910 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i was 19 when i married my 20 yr. old husband we will have been married 3 yrs. in august we have 2 wonderful kids and we r very happy. we fight just like anyone else but we have our own house pay our own bills and take care of our own kids. i think you should get married when you feel it is right. and the best advice i ever got was dont wait til your financially ready because you will never be financially ready. and it is funny how everything just kinda works itself out.
    mommycs

Answer by mommycs at 1:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2008