How should I prepare my 2-year old for a new baby?

mommy2angel

Asked by mommy2angel at 2:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when u find that answer please let me kno lol im unsure myself
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• no idea my son is very very active he loves to rough house play, and he would jump me pretend to fight me but now im pregnant and my husband and i sat down and tried to explain that mommy has a baby inside and he cant jump or hit mommy for a long time and he said " a baby?" i said yes your gonna have a baby brother or baby sister, immedietly he says baby sister no brother lol and we call him baby joe cuz hes named after his dad so now he looks at my stomach and says baby joes sister lol, and we dont know the sex yet but at least he doesnt rough house with me anymore, and i know he really doesnt fully understand or know just how much is going to change after the baby is born but ill let you know how it goes
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• well i have heard an old wives tale that if your young kids are really roudy while your pregnant its going to be a boy but if they are really lovey with you then it's a girl..... not sure how true that is but maybe some insight on it ...... my daughter will be 3 when our new baby arrives and i hope she adjusts well to a new baby......she is having a new baby in our house and in her dad's house within months apart it's crazy
    Sami_lue87

Answer by Sami_lue87 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my 2 year old is the youngest of 3, and we have another 1 coming in feb. I am a little worried, because she really thinks she is the most important thing in the world. She is going to hate this baby.....She tells me all the time 'NO BABY!' I wish u luck! Hopefully things will go well!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We really didn't DO anything except talk to our son about the baby. He was 2.5 when I found i was pregnant with our daughter. I was due with her in February, and so we would talk to him about the baby coming after "ho ho ho" (Santa) came. For him, tying the baby to Christmas got him more excited. lol We also took him to one of my ultrasounds and let him help pick out toys. He never really took a big interest in his baby sister while I was pregnant. As we got closer to my due date, he started to understand what was going on because the baby stuff started appearing out of nowhere. The final thing we did was let him "pick" out her middle name. I had settled on 2 names and couldn't decide so I let him decide which one he liked better, and that ended up as her middle name. When she was born, we had a few days of rowdiness and him wanting to show off, but in no time he was enamored with his sister and very protective of her
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010