When is a good time to transition from a sippy cup to a regular cup?

mommy2angel

Asked by mommy2angel at 2:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• good question. I have a toddler who will be 3 in November and she is still on a sippy cup. Lately I have been giving her a plastic cup half way filled and telling her to hold with two hands and drink it in the kitchen. She is doing well with it. Not to say that there hasn't been any spills or wet shirts, but she getting there. She is slowing learning and transitioning. This is going well for me, but I would like to hear how others are doing this as well.
    Danielle D.

Answer by Danielle D. at 10:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• DD has been using a regular cup for water starting around 2. Now she is almost 3.5 and uses a regular cup in the house all the time. She occasionally takes a sippy cup to school, but I try to do a sports-type water bottle.
    MommaNoonoo

Answer by MommaNoonoo at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• im trying to get my 28 month old to use a regular cup as well, he drinks from it fine occasional spills but he forgets it a big boy cup and tries to run with it or lean back adn it spills and than there are days he will scream bloody murder for his cuppy and refuses to drink from a big boy cup because he wants his cuppy, but im trying my best to stay calmn adn explain to him
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010