To the married or engaged: Did you propose or did he?

I'm just curious since now-a-days it seems women aren't afraid or care if they are the ones that take the initiative to get married.
I'm traditional like that..My husband proposed to me.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 2:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• He did.... 3 times...lol lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My husband did the proposing. He even went to my father a few days ahead and asked for permission. We've been married for 14 years and together 16.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• he did
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 3:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My husband proposed under the ceiling fans in Lowes at his job, after we successfully went through a crisis together without tearing each other apart arguing or with blame -- which was a different experience for him than with his first wife.
    Chandra C.

Answer by Chandra C. at 5:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He did, but we both knew ahead of time that he was going to do it. So I kind of feel like it was both of us!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• HE did and it was a total shock. I would NEVER propose to a man.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He proposed to me, but like CarriePM, we had been talking about it, I went with him to pick out my rings, and we both knew he was going to do it. The only surprise to me was the when. I didn't know when he was going to ask me.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My husband and I aren't very "traditional" people. Neither of us proposed to the other; it was just kind of like "hey, we should get married, what to you think?" "Sure, okay, sounds good", that type of thing. So we did. We set a date a few weeks away, and on that date, we drove up to a little town north of where we live, filed the papers and tied the knot. No fuss, no drama, that's the way we roll. We will have our 12th anniversary next month.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Neither of us, actually. When we were discussing being together again, we addressed the fact that it we weren't just talking about a little thing, that if we made the decision it would be a forever kind of thing, because we had known for so long that we wanted to be together and were meant to be together.

He did say, before we started really talking about it that he wished I would leave my (cheating, lying, manipulative, pushy, etc) ex so he could take care of me for the rest of my life, and that he knew what he wanted in life and that he wanted to share it with me. But when the time came, neither of us asked, we just both knew and started making the plans.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i asked him i was living in a homeless shelter due to my aunt whom i lived with passing away he kept coming into my job and telling me he wanted ot be with me so i told him ok fine then marry me and he said ok when i said im off work friday he said ok lets do it together two weeks and married now for 3 yrs on november 2nd!!!
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010