How old was your DD when you let her get her ears pierced? Is 3-months too young?

mommy2angel

Asked by mommy2angel at 3:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a boy an no ears done on him but , no way... I think the younger the better.. that way when they are older they have had them for so long they know how to take care of them...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My mother didn't have my ears pierced because she wanted it to be my decision.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not my ears, not my choice.

When she is old enogh to understand and as we'll then we will go to a proper, saniitary piercer professional who uses a needle. Not some random clerk with a piercing gun.

This should be a rite of passage. Something I do for her NOT to her. Body boundaries are important, it is hers to choose to alter or not, not mine to change..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• no 3months is not too young. alot of people do it young because then they don't play with it. i pierced my daughters at 1yr. it was harder on me then on her. i don't regret it one bit considering everyone was mistaking her for a boy sometimes. her second and third will be her choice just like it was mine.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think 3 mos is too young. I disagree with infant ear piercing though. In any case, no matter the age, if you do take your child to get their ears pierced, please go to a licensed piercer that uses a needle rather then anyplace that uses a gun, and requires proof of immunization. I took DD a couple of weeks before her 4th birthday. She'd been asking for over a year, and was aware of what was going to happen.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Our doctor did our girls it was 3 months so No 3 months is not to early imo..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i dont have a girl but if i did id do it at 3 monthes too i waited til i was older and got scared lol
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We waited until 6mo...After doing some research about it (ive forgotten all of now-shes 4) 6mo seemed to be the best time for us.
    If we have another girl, I would not do it before the 6mo mark. But I dont know when we would really have it done. at 4yo she doesnt wear alot of jewelry... But the older they get the more chance of them messing with their ears. and them getting infected & stuff... so IMO BEFORE age 1.... Or wait until they have self-control & can care for the ears themself..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I had mine done as a baby. Turns out I'm allergic to metal. Since my mother is also, our girls will be much older before they get theirs pierced.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I pierced my daughter's ears at 2 months. Of course I'm from puerto rico and over there they don't have issue with this particular situation. My mom pierced my ears in the hospital when I was born. When I have this baby I will get her ear pierced also at two months. But I wasn't raised in the US and over there we have VERY different parenting style than here.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2010