Pregnant and worried about my baby...

I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and I'm worried about my baby. I have really bad morning sickness. Not just bad, BADDDD. I haven't been able to eat much most days and I can't even keep water down well so I know I'm not getting enough fluids. I also haven't been taking my prenatals lately because they make me sick and constipated. I'm on Zofran which does help by allowing me to eat a little, but overall I'm not taking care of myself. It's not that I don't want to or I'm lazy, with my first I had no problems and always made sure I ate right, drank enough water, and always took my vitamins. It's just this time I am so sickly that those three things are proving extremely difficult to do. Is my baby going to be okay? I've talked to my OB and all he does is jump down my throat about it, I just need some reassurance and help on how to get better so I can have a healthy pregnancy. HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry. Your baby is probably doing just fine. Not all pregnant women can be pefect all the time and eat the right things and do whats recommended. As long as you arent drinking alcohol or doing drugs then I think you are just fine and baby is fine as well. Good luck and hope you feel better.
    mommy2angel

Answer by mommy2angel at 3:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• U know i was really sick with my 3rd. I couldnt keep down water! I was in the er every weekend 4 fluids for 5 months! I had hyperemisis. U should ask ur doc about it. I cant remember wut meds they gave me but ask bout hyperemisis. Its wut cancer patients get while in kemo. Its rare and 1 in 100 women get it during pregnancy.
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• O n i was also told the more u vomit the healthier ur baby! So b reassured ur baby is going 2 b very healthy! :)
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 3:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm sure your baby is fine.. I was sick 5 months straight!! From the time I woke up till I went to sleep.. I couldn't keep down NOTHING.. not even water...As much as it sucks, just keep trying.. one trick that SOMETIMES works is when you wake up, have crackers on the side of your bed and nibble on them for a bit before you actually get up.. ALWAYS eat if you feel hungry.. you might get sick but feeling crappy like that on an empty stomach is only going to feel worse.. and make sure you stay hydrated... I ended up taking myself to the hospital 2 times because I wanted to make sure my fluids were good since I couldn't keep nothing down...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Try to remember that the baby is going to take what he/she needs. Try different foods, see what will agree with your system. Even if it's just saltines, you're getting nutrients. Have you tried a chewable vitamin? (Like a Flinstone one?) They even have gummy bear types - any multi vitamin is going to help you some. Hope this passes soon for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• im on zofran too.. um eat soups that helps and gingerale... get flinstones gummy vites i have to take those instead of prenatals my dr approved those as well..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Have they tried you on Concept DHA? I'm on that one now and it doesn't make me sick at all. Try drinking some sprite to help ease your tummy. Good luck.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010