I feel like I ruined it for my child!!!!!!!

OMG what do I do?
So my little guy 4yo was in a school last year that was great, he was 3 last year. They had animals in the class, a sandbox, great wooden toys, art easels, a loft, tons of wonderful stuff and a huge sand pit outside. He loved to go and had fun with his friends he never showed signs of stress. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of discipline and not a lot of direct learning going on but tons of creativity.I felt I always had to correct the misbehavior learned in school. I took him out half way through and kept him home till this year and now he going to a new school. .Well this new school is great as well but it does not have as many toys and they encourage more sit down and trace work and defiantly discipline by having a timeout chair and a clip system. Well he started two weeks ago and he seems miserable. He does not eat his snack and the teachers said he keeps to himself. I feel horrible.

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 6:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What should I do??? I want to take him out and put him back his old school and pray the discipline gets better??? I do not want to jump him so much, that is not healthy.
    allmomma

Comment by allmomma (original poster) at 6:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Take him back to his old school. He is only 4. At 4 playing is learning.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 7:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just think if u left him in that other school, and then suddenly he is in Kindergarten and they DO discipline, hardly any toys, and tons of work.....this is a gradual adjustment, I think you should keep him in! He will make friends! Maybe you should treat the class 1 day with a special snack or something...Kids love that kind of stuff, and they will get excited to be his friend. Sometimes they need a little push!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You didnt ruin him. You just need to find a preschool thats in between the 1st & 2nd choices. Most good schools will have centers & some sit down activities times- They do have to get them prepared for Kindergarten, so there's work to be done! :) He'll be fine. Change always come w/ an adjustment period. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• They are preparing him for kindergarten next year. It's a good thing. You may find that the old school is the same way in the 4 year old rooms. Here it is called Pre-K and they have set lessons with circle time, work book time, outside time...it's very structured event he play is a lot of structured play. He will get used to it. He was all play and now it's work time. Nobody likes that transition. I HATE going back to work after my 3 days off! lol. The other thing is you can't keep pulling him out of something every time you or he doesn't like it, he would never get the opportunity to complete anything as long as he isn't being hurt he will be fine. :0) Good luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Go observe momma.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 6:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Thank you so much ladies. I will probably give it a chance and try to bring something he can share with his classmates. I really thought a lot today and he needs this prep for school. Hopefully I see a change soon.
    allmomma

Comment by allmomma (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010