How to get two girls to actually clean their room

without you standing over them?

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 6:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Withhold things that are truly imporatant to them until it is done. And follow through, no matter what it is such as going shopping, dance class, whatever. Make sure they know what is to be done and are old enough to understand (I don't know ages). Be calm and loving but tell them this is the "new deal". GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• keep a snow shovel and large trash can next to their room and say "When I come by here this time tomorrow, I'm scooping up whatever's on the floor or what's not supposed to be on your beds and putting them in this trash can for Trash pickup Day. Then just leave the things there in plain sight for them, and then make sure you at least pretend to follow thru.

If you just want to make them think you tossed the stuff then hide it in the basement of something. Works on my boys.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• LOL! Loved "Zoeys" answer! Love the snow shovel idea- I will have to try that! I was just going to say give them the bags & cleaning supplies & tell them they cant do another thing until the room is cleaned to your specifications. Let me know if the snow shovel works if you decide to try it! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2010