Did you divorce? How did you survive this? Were you a SAHM when this happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I left my ex. I had been a SAHM with a disabled child. I got a job, I put my DS in childcare and I moved on. It was hard, very had. But I needed to do it. My ex's behavior was becoming toxic to my son. If I wanted him to have a good life, I needed to leave that horrible situation. I have moved on from that initial dead end job. When I look back from where I was that day 7 years ago, and where I am now--I am so proud of myself.
    I have now remarried, but I still have a lot to be proud of.
    You do what you need to do. For the longest time, I didn't dwell, I just did.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I wasn't a sahm when I divorced since I didn't have kids yet but I was between jobs. I sold my engagement ring for $30K and a good friend lent me another $10K so I could get back on my feet. 

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010