Should your cell phone in a realitionship be like a open book?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes....unless you have sometime to hide
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sure...why not? But neither my husband or I ever feel the need to inspect eachother's phones.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Each should be willing to show the other their phone without hesitation. But I don't think it's right to be looking through messages and calls without asking.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think if you have to look without asking then their might be something wrong with your relationship.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I could care less if my husband answers my cell or if he checks who texted me when it signals me. He usually will pick it up and say "So and so just sent a text". He doesn't do it to be a snoop, he does it as a habit as I used to always say "Can you check that?" I have nothing to hide and he knows it.
    Now if he were like my ex and demanded to check my cell on a regular basis even though the last 100 times he checked it he never found anything, then that is just wrong.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My hubby and I answer one another's phone or at least say.....You're getting or missed a call from so and so. Same for messages. There isn't anything to hide, if there is, then there is problems. My first hubby, that was how I quickly figured out he was cheating. He worked away up to 4 days a week for work, easy way to cheat. One night he ignored an incoming call...so I took it and looked at it infront of him. He wasn't the type to ignore calls. There were obviously other issues, this just put the icing on the cake. I checked phone records and called a few numbers and talked to those women. Needless to say, if you can't share your phone like an open book, then it's obviously a journal holding secrets that are not healthy for a monogomous relationship.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i think when your married 2 people become 1 and everything should be an open book...never keep, hide anything it will always come back and the longer its out the worst it is...anyways if your married then you should trust each other with EVERYTHING
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• open book. ive never needed to go thru his phone but i can if i want too.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• married 23 years open book all around nothing to hide here we trust each other with our lives so a cell phone is nothing to be bent out of shape for.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2010