Does anyone know a simple recipe for Pot Roast in a slower cooker???

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 8:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like using Progresso french onion soup. I just put a couple cans in there with the meat, add the veggies I want and there you go. You could add a little water too if needed. Or if you don't like that soup, use beef broth.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 1pk italian dressing mix, 1 pk brown gravy mix, 1 packet ranch dressing, 1 cup water
    Mix all together and pour over roast. Super
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Slow Cooker Pot Roast
    Ingredients
    2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
    1 1/4 cups water
    5 1/2 pounds pot roast
    1.In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
    2.Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We just cut it up into chunks, brown it in a skillet with onion, salt and pepper. Cut up potatoes and carrots as well (can be pretty big chunks) throw the veggies in the crock pot, then put in the meat. Mix up some Kitchen Bouquet (a tiny bit with water, make it look kind of like ice tea) and poor it over top to cover almost the top of the veggies. Cook on high 5 hours.

You can substitute beef broth for the Kitchen Bouquet if you want.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 1 can cream of mushroom
    1 dark beer,
    1 Chuck roast.
    You can sear the roast if you want,
    but just combine all the ingredients in the cooker...add some seasoning salt or a capful of savory seasoning
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• roast, onions, bay leaves, worchestershire, minced garlic a few cups of water
    add potatoes and carrots if you desire..sometimes to kick things up I add a can of stewed tomatoes
    I do not measure anything I just go with whatever amount looks good
    I cook all day on low or high for 3 to 4 hours
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Mine is real simple.

Big chuck roast, 1-2 packets of onion soup mix (depending on the size of the roast) and water.  I usually add chopped celery and onion, too.  I'm not big on the potatoes and carrots being in the roasting pot but occasionally do that, too.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Mine is really simple
    salt & pepper the meat put some water in a crock pot add the meat, potatoes, carrots and 1 pkg of brown gravy mix cook all done
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010