I need a gift idea for a neighbor who ...

She mows our yard. We are renting a house from a man who was trying to sell it for over a year. She lives in the apartment above the garage. She mowed it a lot, even when our landlord lived here...for exercise and it only takes about 15 minutes to mow. My hubby is military and rarely home and I have 2 babies, so it is very nice of her to do it, otherwise it would have been a nightmare. I want to get her a gift but no clue. Any ideas?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 8:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Tlk with her find out what interests her and go from there! I would get her a card to let her know she is appriciated, maybe even a giftcard inside!
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How about a Visa gift card or a mall gift card so she could buy what she wants? Or you could get her a gift certificate for a manicure & pedicure. Or bake her something.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:36 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Find out if she has any hobbies, and get her something to compliment that if not a fruit basket is always nice.

Answer by older at 8:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'd get a gift card to a great restaurant.
    ksanders

Answer by ksanders at 8:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Um, a Starbuck's gift card? I was also thinking you could bake her some cookies. I'm not sure what you want to spend, but how about a windbreaker since it is getting cooler? Scarf and hat set?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I love all of the above answers. You coud also ask her over for dinner, get her a new book. But I really like melissac9903's answer. She hit the nail right on the head with that one. Wish I could vote it up more than once!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I almost always gift edible arrangement. They're so beautiful and tasty & they come in keepsake baskets or vases.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2010