Is something wrong with me?

I had a baby girl via c-section almost 4 months ago. I just had my first period on Sept 14th. It lasted about 4 days. I haven't had a period this month, so I am about 8-9 days late. Is it normal for me to miss a period after having a baby?

I have been having some sharp breast pain every now and then, some stomache cramping/pressure, some back pain, and feel very fatigued.

I took 2 pregnancy tests a few days ago, and they were both negative..

What is wrong with me?

Kristeebella

Asked by Kristeebella at 3:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• your whole system is still "messed up" and confused because of the pregnancy. It takes time for your body to get back to normal. They say you need 10months of pregnancy to have the baby and thats the same amount of time your body needs to get back to normal.

I had my period for 4 (!!!!) almost 5(!!!) months after giving birth (c-section). Your cycle is not back to normal yet. So if you used protection than i dont think you are pregnant, your body is just confused.

But of course, if you feel really bad and you are worried then you might want to go and see your OB.

hope you feel better soon!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm assuming that you are not breast feeding. So your body will take a little longer to recover. While BFing It took me 2-4 months each time to feel normal (after each c-section) The BFing stimulates contractions that bring your uterus back down to normal size. Since you aren't, it will take longer. Hope you feel better soon.
    older_mom

Answer by older_mom at 7:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2008