Simple but delicious meatloaf recipe??

My daughter went to Spain as an au pair and she wants to cook meatloaf but they don't have many American products in the town where she is...
So please no specific brands!! Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 2 pounds hamburger meat (or half hamburger meat and half ground turkey), 2 eggs, 1/4 cup flour, handful minced onion, 1 Tbs. minced garlic, 1/8 cup steak sauce, 1/8 cup ketchup (or 1/4 cup ketchup), mix it all together and bake at about 350 for an hour to an hour and a half.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I make mine like this. And I don't measure things, so sorry in advance. But I mix in a packet of powdered onion soup mix. 1 egg. Bread crumbs....maybe 3/4 c?? I have no idea LOL. Then I make it into loaf form and I pour water with worstecier sauce, about 2 tbs and 1 tbs soy sauce over it. I cover the pan with alum foil and then take the foil off the last 5 or 10 minutes of cooking. The water-wors-soy mix gives it a great flavor, I am not a fan of making it with ketchup. I would think those are ingredients she could find in another country.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Ground Beef
    Onions
    Green Peppers
    cubed mushrooms
    Ketchup or can use BBQ sauce.
    Your choice of herbs. Sage, garlic powder, go well in it.
    Mix all together till coated. Make either large balls or a "log". Put in an elevated pan (So grease can drip down). Bake. Make sure to coat the top with Ketchup every 20 minutes or so. Last 10 she can turn the top burner on to get the ketchup to crust over the top a bit.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• oo did forget the eggs. :)
    SalemWitchChild

• 1 lb. ground beef, 1 lb. ground pork, 1 package instant stuffing mix, 1 chopped onion, about 1/4 c. Italian dressing, 2 eggs. I get so many compliments, and my MIL even took the recipe!!! (bake at 350 x1 hour)
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Why was this asked ANON???
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 1 lb ground beef
    1 lb ground pork
    1 package of Stovetop, any flavor (I use Chx or Turkey)
    1/4 to 1/2 cup brown mustard
    1/2 to 1 onion, diced

Mix all ingredients in bowl, put into loaf pan, bake covered with foil for 1 hour at 350.  Remove from oven, put about 1/2 cup ketchup on top, put back in oven for 15 minutes or so.  AWESOME with sweet potatoes (peel, cut into bite-size pieces, boil for about 15-20 min, drain.  Add butter/salt to taste).

MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• hamburger
    chopped onion
    2 eggs
    crumbled bread or buns 2 slices/ or whole bun
    parsley, pepper,ketchup
    mix and form into loaf
    bake an hour
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Ground beef
    Onion
    Garlic
    1egg
    bread crumbs
    Mustard
    Catsup
    brown sugar

You can shred up whatever other veggies you want to add. The secret is in mixing the mustard,catsup, and brown sugar together and adding it to the mix. Then towards the end of baking it, brush some of the sauce on the top and bake for a few more minutes so that the sauce is warm. Serve your meatloaf with big fat buttered noodles and you have a super delish yummy meal.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Hamburger
    Onion Soup mix packet
    eggs
    crackers
    ketchup mix all together and bake just before it's all done add some ketchup in a bowl with some honey and mix together pour on top and let bake a bit longer Yummy!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010