help

yesterday I posted about a lady I sit for (don't tell me to buy diapers then or wipes or food I only get 100.00 a week for a 20 month old and nearly 3 year old I don't have the money to buy that stuff since my kids are out of diapers and I don't have that in my budget). Yesterday she brings and after she left I knowtest there diapers were soaked so I changed them (830). Then I changed them before nap (1130). Then after nap the one pooped and the other was soaked (100) so I then ran out of diapers so I had no diapers from 1-almost 6 and she left me no wipes. I said something to her yesterday she said the kids get in the diaper bag and take the stuff out. Well today she brings them with no snack or lunch (like she is supose too) and she brings me only 2 wipes and she brings the baby 6 diapers, but the oldest only 3 diapers (which yesterday 3 wasn't enough) what to do? CONT....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would tell her that from now on if she does not have te APPROPRIATE amount of diapers for the children you cannot watch them that day, it is not your place to buy diapers! I would also let her know what the agreements were on providing meals.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would tell her she either has to always provide her kids with diapers, food etc or she will have to raise your salary big time so you can be able to buy that stuff.. I'm sure she'll do the first!!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 8:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• then she also came in and said what happened to teh other dippy cup. I thought she was going out to the car to get it, but she left. I don't have any sippys and yesterday my DD gave him a regular up (the 3 year old) and he dumped it so all he has is 1 cup for 2 kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yeah, what mysevenkids said... Let her know it is one or the other.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Put your foot down and tell her exactly what she needs to bring or you wont be watching them anymore. Write out a list if you have to. If the both of you agreed on her providing the food and diapers then thats what she should be bringing everytime. If she dosen't then don't watch them again.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would give her Notice and start looking for other children. Or tell her she needs to leave a pack of diapers per week per child and 2 cups as well. When you run low on diapers then tell her they need to be replaced. Or you can charge her more if you will be providing these things. This included 25$ more per week for lunch.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• All good advice. I would go with the telling her if she doesn't provided the agreed necessary items and you have to provide them, the rate for watching the children will increase. Let her know if she refuses to provide the agreed upon items and refuses to the rate increase, she can find someone else to watch the children.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Next time she doesn't bring the stuff for the baby tell her you can't keep her kids. I used to babysit and this may sound a little bitchy but I had instruction for the parent. They had to bring a pack of diaper and the beging of the week, one or two cans of formula, write the name of the formula just in case i run out so I know what was the formula, enough clothes for a week and snack, I provide the breakfast and lunch. My friends and the beging of the week bring two bags, one for the week and one for the day. Tell her that and trust me, it work. No headache over stuff.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• All good answers, and if you have to go to the store, present her with the reciept.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010