Do you repair clothes, shoes or handbags?

I am very frugal and I DO repair things that are still use full and have a lot of life left in them. Please let me know if I am the only person who still does this.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 8:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, we repair everything we can. If we don't know how to do it we Google it!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I always stitch clothing if it's fixable, and I still darn socks...LOL I've never fixed a handbag, but my mom can if it's something I want to keep. Most times I just save the handles, and she makes me a new one.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If I know how to do it (without it looking bad) I will.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I repair clothes but shoes and handbags mo I don't
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I repair clothes myself. Shoes or handbags I'll have repaired if they're good quality items and I like them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I definately repair clothing, or else I save it to use the fabric for things like doll clothes or crafts. Jewelry is also something I can do this with. I don't usually think I can repair shoes or purses that way though.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 3:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Oh yes, I do too! Getting pretty good at it. Wish I knew how to darn socks... that's my next thing to learn.
    Hepit

Answer by Hepit at 3:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I will do repairs depending on the extent of the damage. If it is too bad, I will just replace it.
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 7:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• To darn a sock you get a wooden egg shaped form that you put in the sock you want fixed. If you are in a pinch and cannot locate of of these wooden eggs, I have used a golf ball. Once you get to space that needs repairing, place the egg or golf ball around the area, and then sew horizontally then vertically, weaving the different threads together. It sounds complicated, but it not too hard. The reason I fixed my orange bag is because the college colors of my Alma Mater are orange and blue. I found a couple of pieces of the blue used in the games, and put a pretty bow on the front of it. Someone gave me the purse and it a good color for fall season. So I am ready for my "War Eagle" cries and hope we win bragging rights.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010