I have no idea where she got this from but.....

all of a sudden out of no where she has started jumping on the bed, i am afraid she is going to fall down and hurt herself.How do you get a 22 months old to stop jumping on the bed? i have tried telling her that she is going to fall down and get hurt but the second that i am out of her room, she is right back up there jumping again......anyone know how i can stop her...i am taking her out of her room and shutting the door for 1/2 hr at this point hopeing she will realize that every time she jumps on the bed she is going to be taken from her room and her toys and barred out of her room!!
Has anyone else gone threw this phase? how did you handle it?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• O boy. My son went through this at this phase. Its fun to them & its a game of getting caught. My son ended up hurting his self & breaking his bed so he didn't have a bed, but just a mattress he hated it. & I didn't rush out to get him another bed any time soon.....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's a natural part of life. The only thing I can tell you is I just keep reminding my kids not to do it and they will hurt themselves eventually. My youngest fell off, I freaked, she laughed and got back up and went back to playing. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I took my twins beds away after they hurt themselves and broke one of the beds. They had no beds for 2 months just mattresses on the floor. They are a lot better about the new beds. They don't want mommy to get rid of it.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• She made a fun discovery. What you are doing is great. You might want to put the mattress on the floor without a frame or spring. This brings down the falling distance and decreases the bouncing fun.
    Don't you love it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• this sounds bad but i let my dd jump. until she fell and hurt herself of course, now she doesnt do it anymore.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010