ideas for a first birthday

my daughter's birthday is in a couple weeks and invitations are going out. i am inviting alot of people because i have a huge family and we are all close. i am renting a bounce house for all the little kids that will be there but what other entertainment should i have? also, what kind out music should i play? also, should i have her open all the presents with the guests there or will that take up too much time? any suggestions will be helpful. thank you.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter's first is coming up next month as well. I'm not sure about some of the stuff, but yes, I think she/you should open the gifts while the guests are there. If people can't stay that long, then they can't stay.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• When I had my son first bday party I put music for kids. Play a few games with the kids and sing happy birthday to him. At this time is was allready 8pm and didn't have time to open the present since my baby was getting tired. My problem was everyone was working that saturday so the birthday had to be a little late. My suggestion, don't do a late birthday because the baby will be cranky like mine. Good luck and happy birthday!
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• we didn't do much for my son's 1st party. i knew he wouldn't remember it, or even care about it.

we just had the grandparents over for pizza and cake. i opened all the presents. my son just played with the wrapping paper and boxes. he didn't even really care about the gifts. the wrapping paper was the exciting thing! LOL

he did get his own cake that he destroyed.

yes, i think the gifts should be opened while the guests are there. i personally think it's rude not too. if it takes to long, you can always help. i opened every gift at my son's 1st party because he didn't want to.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 5:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My son's birthday is on Christmas. He was overwhelmed on his 1st....He cried when everyone sang Happy Birthday, so I skipped the gifts.... there were 25 people; it'd been a really long day. But I agree, if they don't want to stay, they'll go. Happy Birthday!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010