I feel SO MUCH BETTER!! BECAUSE:

i asked for forgiveness and I found that a lot of women on here especially the ones I hurt did forgive me. I now have found out I can be friends with anyone on here, I think that it's the person who counts and the attitude they have, what do you think? Can you be friends with someone of a different belief, just because they are nice and polite, even though they don't believe the same as you?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I noticed a difference in your posts Freda, and you have defended people with different beliefs in a few of the newer posts. I personally love having friends of different views and faiths because it makes life interesting and I feel well-rounded because I am knowledgeable about a lot of different faiths because of my friends. I figure it all boils down to one thing: we are all human.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 1:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Definitley. I just make sure to stay off that particular topic that could cause friction :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You know I really didn't know what to think about some women on here, they know who they are. But, I thought things through, I mean I really thought it through, and I found out they aren't bad people, I just didn't take the time to see that they were just different in what they believed in. Now, I can see that they are just as nice and polite as anyone can be. I feel love for them now.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I just have no respect for the women that have rude things to say and then post anonymously. I respect ppl for their honest opinions; not when their "hiding" behind them
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• When a person isn't rude or mean and they answer anon. I think that it is because they would rather that someone on here who doesn't know how they believe might see their name and they wouldn't want friction from a friend who doesn't know what they really believe. But, if they are rude and answer with mean things, yes, I think that is wrong. Or if they answer anon. and start a bunch of drama on here I think that is wrong too.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Oh by all means. I have several friends of differing beliefs. A few of my recent friends on here I had been "battling" for a good year. It didn't matter once we asked forgiveness of one another and let our walls fall so that the person could be seen not just the words on the screen.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I definitely think that you can have friends who don't have the same beliefs as you. I have a few friends who don't believe in God. My husband believes in science more than God. Yeah we have spouts about it here and there but it doesn't interfere with our relationship and how we feel about each other. I love him despite our differences.
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 8:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You just don't know how much better of a person I feel like now! I am so happy to have so many friends. I even blocked some people, but now, I don't have any because now I know we can be friends no matter what!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Of course!  I'm an Atheist and my best friend of 30 years is a Christian.  As long as you respect each others religion and DON'T preach, then religion should never be a problem.  I'm surprised it took you this long to figure it out.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well, I guess I'm a little slow. Sorry.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2008