How to add Nutritious but fatening calories to my little sons tummy?

My son was just 3lbs. 11 ounces when he was born and I am at a loss as to what to feed him as my kitchen will be turned upside down and then i end up giving him yogurt. HELP!!

siobhmc13

Asked by siobhmc13 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• How old is he now? What does he wiegh now? From your question it seems as if he is a new born. No yoghurt for a new born.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• There isn't enough info to give much advice. If he is under 4 months, stick to breastmilk/formula. (Whichever you do.) DO NOT GIVE A NEWBORN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT.
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 8:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• confused
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• on the OP's page it says her son is 16 mos. so, if this is regarding him, you can do avocados. they are full of omegas that will give him the good kind of fats. plus, it is great for brain development. avocados are practically a perfect food. my 10mo daughter loves them!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My son is also kind of low-weight. You can make instant mashed potatoes with formula instead of milk and then mix them with butter and sour cream. That makes them nice and thick! Avocados are good as well. My son absolutely adores Go-gurts (we call them a "plug-n'-play" food). You can make macaroni and cheese and sneak in almost any pureed veggie. Cream of anything soup (mushroom, chicken, broccoli, etc.). We cook mixed veggies with butter. Cinamon raisin toast with cream cheese. Chicken and cheese quesadillas. Refried beans are an excellent source of protein! Chicken alfredo is also good. I hope these suggestions help you! Feel free to email me if you need more!
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008