Would you sell......

Your 700 DVDS that you've been collecting for 4 years to get out of debt? I'm so tired of being in debt. No real immediate dire need for it. We can afford all our bills. But I'm TIRED of being in debt and the only thing I have of value is our DVDS.....

alaskaice

Asked by alaskaice at 8:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would because how often do you actually go back and watch all of those DVDs? Just think of all the money you would save if you stopped paying all of that interest.
    aliciaNadalee

Answer by aliciaNadalee at 8:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Alicia is right. Do you watch them? I would sell. Keep a few if you're attached. I'd sell them now considering everyone is switching to blue ray and you may get your money's worth now :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just sell them if it will help your family. If you really feel like watching any of those movies again you can just go and rent them. Because, like someone said before, you probably wont watch all of them again anyway.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Sell sell Sell keep you most favs and get rid of the rest.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 8:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Absolutely.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Personally I would not. I am a collector. I have sets and series and no I would not sell them. I have sold movies that were a lesser version than what I have like the original format when I just bought the collectors ed. But otherwise no. You won't get anywhere near what they are worth if you sell... If you are looking for things to sell, look through your attic or basement. Do you have dishes? Vinal? Vintage Clothing? Decorative "Stuff"? Old Gold??? All of that can be sold for a half decent profit and chances are it's just sitting in a box.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I would but just so you know it's probably not going to get you out of debt. Most places will only pay between $2 & $4 a piece for them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The only bad thing is about this is you definetly won't get the price that you paid them with but if you do have 700 of them you could sell them for like $7 a piece or even $5 and well lets see $5 times 700 is what? That would be $3,500 For $7 a piece it would be 4,900 How much in debt are you? You could probably sell them on craigslist or even better would be ebay but then you would have to pay them some just to sell on that site! You could also probably get one of those free sites and sell them there but you would have to work on talking to people to buy them or some way of advertising! Like craigslist! Good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• LOL it would pay off all my credit cards, get my car out of being upside down so I can trade it to for a cheaper one....
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Selling something you love is only a temporary fix. Look at the bigger picture. If you keep doing what you're doing, unfortunately, you are going to get the same result.

Have you ever thought about a home business? I have a successful Passion Parties business and a team of consultants that I train and support. It allows me to stay home with my family, I make good money, I love what I do, and I love helping other women. I work about 1-2 hrs a day Mon-Fri around my schedule, and do one party on a weekend night which takes up about 3-4 hours of my time. I average $200-$400 in my pocket the night of my party. This is a really flexible way to earn extra income or start a new career. If you think it’s something that you would be interested in, and you'd like to learn more, I'd be happy to send you more information.
    Sandra124

Answer by Sandra124 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008