Do you remember?

Do you remember in 2006 when everyone was asking who would be running for president that Barack Obama stated,

"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected." Time Magazine May 28, 2006.

http://www.time.com/time/columnist/klein/article/0,9565,1198859,00.html

It just seems to me that if you make a statement like that, wouldn't you stick by it or is that just me?

Tayandstevenmom

Asked by Tayandstevenmom at 8:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No. At various times, ALL candidates have said similar things.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• oh man...2006 you say?how dare he change his mind?how could his ambitions change?damn him for wanting to progress and serve his country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Sorry, but it seems that it is now too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gexyfVpFMU
    Tayandstevenmom

Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 8:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I didn't even know he was around that long ago. He must have been very new.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• No, but I kind of wish he would have kept his word and then Hillary would be running, YAY!
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 8:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well yeah, but then he saw Oprah and Oprah gave him some KoolAide and Michelle said " damn girl, that house IS big, you really think I would look good in it? And Oprah said, yeah girl, you got it going on, baby let me give you some money and introduce you to who you need to know...." and then Ayers said " dude, I can hook you up with some old friends and get the votes you need right now, how about a pardon when it's all done?"
    And the thug pulled up his drawers and tried to quit smoking paid his drug dealer to disappear called Tony and said get lost and announced, I am running for President. And Michelle said , " and your ass better win because these dresses from Target suck".
    And the rest is History!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Seriously akin? I usually ignore your answers, but your response to everything is the same.
    You should call McCain and see if you can get work mud slinging. You are really good at it!
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 8:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Everyone has the right to change their mind. How many people say they are going to do one thing and then do another for a better reason. I alway said I would never do things like my mother or I would never get old, lost on both counts. Have you alway been right? I never met a perfect person other than Mac Davis and his song IT"s Hard to be Humble when your perfect in every way. You will change your mind sometimes unless you are Perfect. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Akin I think is for war and we are for peace, lighten up! Who ever gets president I feel for. It is going to be hard to make a big difference in 4 years. Who ever gets in might be out in 4 year when they can't get the jobs back. It will be hard to be a hero in this economy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008