can a soap make your "stuff" have a bad smell???

I use to have a horrible smell down there. I was told it could be an infection which might clear on its own or it could be the BC they recently put me on. Well i was using one type of soap and i realized when i would clean myself thats when i would smell bad!!! So i bought new soap and i havent been smelling bad.. Is it possible that a soap can make you smell bad or am i just crazy!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• You may have been having a bad reaction to the old soap.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it can it may have a grease or emollient or oil that statyed on you and then got spoiled in the warmth there, lol. so its good you changed soaps ro whatnot. obviously don't lotion there, so if i had a moisturizer in it that may have been too much... try a light dusting of cornstarch on days when yuo expect no action lol. also dont overwash yourself down there (behind yes) but not your labia because if you OVER wash you may be washing away your natural bacterias and oils that keep everythign ph balanced down there. we are very complex! we women!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I thought you weren't suppose to use some on your "Junk" my daughter was having lots of UTI's and the Dr said wash it with only water
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I am glad you asked b.c I have been thinking the same about my soaps.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 11:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sure can. A lot of soaps are antibacterial and throw off the good bacteria down there and some will throw off the pH.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes, everyones body chemistry reacts differently to other agents such as perfumes found in soaps.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Eating yogurt can also help with the bacteria levels in this area. Yogurt replaces the good bacteria that a woman's body needs in this area.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• OK thanks everyone now i dont feel so bad!!! IT was making me feel horrible about myself!! And Candyhorse Use the EVE soap thats meant for women.. thats what i now use and it works very well
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i bought summers eve soap to use after my 2nd child, and now I cant function without it.....I dont feel right all day if I dont use it........nobody else I know buys special soap for down there, and all my friends think its weird and call me a grama.....I am glad I found some other people so i dont feel the need to hide it in my cart at the store!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2010