ideas for a first birthday

my daughter's birthday is in a couple weeks and invitations are going out. i am inviting alot of people because i have a huge family and we are all close. i am renting a bounce house for all the little kids that will be there but what other entertainment should i have? also, what kind out music should i play? also, should i have her open all the presents with the guests there or will that take up too much time? any suggestions will be helpful. thank you.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the bounce house will be plenty of entertainment for the kids :) As far as music goes, I wouldn't play "kid" music, grown ups (well, the ones I know) are ready to tear their hair out after an hour of listening to it. If she receives a lot of presents, I wouldn't have her open gifts, it takes forever with a 1-yo! (Grandparents like watching the kids open things, I'd let her open those :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Definitely she should open the gifts while the guests are there. They deserve the pleasure of seeing her open them. If the children don't want to hang around while she is doing it, they can go play. I'd say a baseball and bat so those who want to play softball can. A net and a volleyball would be fun. If you want to have music just have a variety of CDs and a CD player sitting there.

Answer by Bmat at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010