how far past ovulation... adult content

can you get pregnant? and how long after bding can you tell. If i calculated right (and im not all sure I did) i should have ovulated around the 16th. yesterday(the 24th) we bd'd and today im having a very mucousy discharge...theres no way I could be pregnant already?? could there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Unless you have a super short cycle, ovulate soon after starting your period (within a matter of days of starting, not ending), and are about to start your period, you can't get pregnant from having sex yesterday. After ovulation, the egg is usually good for 12-36 hours, definitely not 8 days, so you can't be pregnant from ovulating last week, either. I get a bit of an increase in discharge in the days leading up to my period, so that could be the case for you, as well; or it could be leftover semen from yesterday's sex, which may be more likely.

As for when you can tell, I started getting symptoms about a week after conception. There's no way to know for sure, though, until you get a positive test, and your hCG I don't think starts to build up until after implantation occurs, which happens 6-10 days past ovulation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's possible, but very, very unlikely. I've heard up to three days pre- or post-ovulation, but eight days is a stretch. Good luck to you though.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• anything is possible gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010