Just a note on Lindsay Lohan she is not getting out easy .....

My sisters kid has had the same problems. And the judge keeps letting her out of jail. We the family think she should stay in jail.
She has given bad checks, drugs, hooker, on the streets. Not a dam thing has happen to help her. They just keep putting her on probation. And somehow she gets money from the city?
So LL is not getting off easy, they do this with a lot of other women on drugs.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Entertainment

• It's not just women, they do it with everyone. There is simply not enough room in the prisons, and not enough money to keep them there. Our prison system was never set up to deal with drug abusers and addicts, it was created as a way to keep dangerous criminals out of the general populous. But frankly, prison doesn't "fix" these people, it can't. If anything, it makes it worse. It exposes these generally non-dangerous or non-violent criminals and gives them a chance to "learn from" the real thing... LL is an addict, she needs support, she needs rehab, she needs therapy... And more than anything she needs a family that cares. My DH is an addict, he would be the first to tell you prison did nothing but make things worse... NO ONE gets clean in prison! Rehab and the support of those that love you is what will get you and keep you clean - this poor girl doesn't have that, if anything people want to see her fail. So sad!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think this is. It just depends on where you live. Here i Utah you get busted with drugs it's automatic jail time and it's more then a few hours these celebs get. Celebrities and rich people do get off easy compared to the real world.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree with the above response. Celebrities get off with a slap on the wrist in most cases. It's a joke and it makes people lose faith in the justice system. What would a habitual drug offender get if he wasn't a celebrity? No idea, but it would be a longer sentence than what celebrities get.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• She needs jail time, maybe if she realizes that she isn't above the law just because she is "famous and rich" she will start obeying it.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i agree with you, i think celebs get off harder then regular people. my SO got a dwi and then was caught driving with a suspended liscense and he never did jail time. paris hilton did something similar, and got jail time.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes, but from what I've heard, she gets special treatment in jail. That doesn't happen to the general public.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The only difference between my niece and LL, her fine was a lot less to get out.

The jails are full of women doing the same thing that is why they let them go. If my niece would of gone into Jail she would of been with LL.

They get into Drugs because of their Boyfriends. We will help my niece if she wants help, but she does not want it right now.

You can only help if they want help.
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• jails are pretty well full..

but if you think she needs jail time, when you see her violating probation, report it to her officer.

otherwise, try and intervention.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The family has done it all. Now we are just waiting for her to want to stop the drugs and the losers around her.
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2010