Does it matter which candidate you choose?

I have been thinking that it doesn't matter what one we choose, I think they are both just puppetts and will do what any person with money asked of them. I don't think that anyone of them will do any of the good things they promise.

Jenlos

Asked by Jenlos at 8:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree to a certain extent, but considering congress and the senate are currently being held by a majority of democrats, if a democratic president was in place with the current situation, there wouldn't be a balance of power between the parties. The democrats would have a filibuster and its not always in our country's best interest to be too dominated by one party or the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree, I cannot believe the next President will have a good 4 years. This will take a long time to get us out of this mess and money does seem to run things. I believe in a lot of things Nader does but he does not have the money to get anywhere in this race.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am not sure. Bush has done a lot of damage to our International reputation, he has allowed businesses to off-shore at a higher rate than ever before. He has a hand in this economic crisis. He has a hand in the partisanship in the Senate and House. I don't think that he has single singlehandedly ruined our country, however, his term will have over-reaching effects for decades to come.

I am not sure what this candidate will do. I do understand that they are inheriting one of the largest messes in history. And, that didn't fair well for Hoover, who was paying for Coolidge, and increasing missteps. FDR was the president that inherited both messes and changed our direction. And I will have to say, he did use some socialistic ideas for a temp time to make a change for the better. He got rid of them once the problem was solved.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 9:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• McCain wants war, Obama wants out of war, the only thing I see getting done. I want out of the war, so I am voting for Obama. If you don't want to vote for a black man vote for Obama white side!!!LOL Bring our kids home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yup.... that's politics!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes, McCain wants to stay in war, Obama wants out of war. I want the kids and the money to come home. I don't want to hear more are being buried before they get to live much of a life. We need the money here. Their are to many families here in need of money to feed their kids. We have got to come first." Bring them home Obama" has my vote
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i don't think it matters in my state--it's a solid red state so i know my electoral votes are going straight to mccain but that won't stop me from voting obama/biden today!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I disagree 100%. McCain wants to continue a war that we are never going to win. I have family in the military and I hate that my sister-in-law and her kids have to live their life everyday knowing that something terrible could happen to the one the love.
    I think Obama would bring our troops home in a reasonable time table. I think he would provide tax cuts for my family and friends who are middle class.
    I believe Obama will make it affordable so that I could send my daughter daughter to college.
    I may not believe that everything he or McCain say will come to fruition, but I certainly believe that Obama is the better candidate....
    texastornado

Answer by texastornado at 12:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If I was to vote today I would vote for Obama. due to the fact he wants to bring our troops home, and for the tax cut he wants to give the lower middle class and wants to stick it to the gas companies that have record breaking profits But I still wonder
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 12:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008