I told my Mom I was going out of town...

so she calls yesterday and says the doctor said she may have had a small heart attack; she was calling from home and sounded very clear, while mentioning she was eating Long John Silvers.
I actually lied about going out of town to prevent my 20 something sisters from coming here, they don't listen and party. And my living in Vegas is not a reason to drop by so you don't have to pay for a hotel. They already visited two times within a month already!
So my point was I guess my Mom is trying to catch me in a lie, but I am just hanging out inside my home this weekend to avoid my sisters.
I don't think so, but am I going to far?
I plan on calling my Mom Sunday night or Monday morning.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I have done this...and if that makes me bad SO WHAT!!! Sometimes i don't want to bothered. My family is really needy and they use me for everything!!! Free meals,free rides, a place to chill out. and sometimes that can be too much!! i understand exactly what you did and why you did it. You are grown!! you do not have to account for your were abouts to your family!! i am sure if there was a real emergency you would have went.

EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 12:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Lock your front door, and from the inside, tell them to get a hotel. Or better yet, offer to get them that resident's discount on a show or something, but tell them they have to stay in a hotel to qualify for it.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Why don't you just tell them the truth? What if your mother is telling the truth?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• u should never lie just tell them the truth and that u dont want no body over for awhile.
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well my mother is a huge lair as well but I will always tell the truth because if you tell one lie you have to tell another and another and another and soon or later you won't be able to get your lies straight.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would just tell them how it is. It's your house and it's not their B&B whenever they feel like it! If they dont like it too bad, they will get over it!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• try just saying no they can't stay with you right now and calling your mother to make sure she is alright....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Tell her the truth REGARDLESS as to the pity party she tries to have. If she suffered a mild heart attack, she would not be eating Long John Silvers. Trust me, because I've had two heart attacks and the last thing on my mind was eating something that wasn't good for me because I was thinking about my life...with that said, tell your mother and your sisters the truth. Don't hide out from them...if what your sisters are doing isn't up to your standards, then let them know because it is your house, where you pay the bills. Who you choose to let come over is up to you and not your mother. Stop allowing her to make you feel like the bad person. Once you get that established, she'll stop and you won't have to lie anymore...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Wel I tried to tell them in the first place and my Mom started crying about how I don't love her and she could die some day! The qwhole point is I tried the truth!!! Twice, my Mom does not respect me as an adult; she went beyond me and called my Hubby.
    MOMMY OF TWO388 - She was at home eating Long John Silvers! As anyone would know that a heart attack would have put her in the hospital! She would have gone back as soon as she ate that food due to her cholesteral levels - which is why she has a bad heart. SHe has been having heart attacks since around 30. She is now 63 and I know what she sounds like during and after.
    Plus she let my sisters walk out the door as I was talking to her, so they could be on their way to Vegas from their state; which means when she asked if they could stay with me one more time, she was looking for simpathy.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010