Do you think anyone who breaks the law in a foreign country should pay the price?

I mean the law is the law. If there were foreigners in the US breaking the law they should pay for it. I don't think anyone should get off their sentence no matter how devestating and hard it might be.

I'm having a really hard time having any kind of sympathy for those three Americans who were arrested by the Iranian Government. They broke the law and they should pay for it. Plain and simple. And it's kind of irritating that there are probaby more foreign prisoners in our country and no one is contacting the media to let them free. So I think anyone who breaks the law should suffer the consequences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YES. No matter what country you're in you should obey their laws and deal with the consequences in breaking the law.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Know the laws of the land before you travel.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree and brandyi said it perfectly. One should never be ignorant about the country they are about to visit. Everything from the culture to the laws should be studied.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 11:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I remember back a few years ago a teenager from Minnesota was in Peru and had broke the law and he was flogged 25 times, it was over something minor too. but yeah you are in another country you must follow the laws of that country
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm curious as to why you posted this anonymously???
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I dunno. Why not?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree.
    .Lovinglife.

Answer by .Lovinglife. at 11:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't go to a foreign country unless I had looked into their laws, I wouldn't want to break one, most countries are as kind to thier criminals as the USA
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• aren't as kind
    Liz132

• When in Rome . . . and all that jazz.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010