Do you walk your kid directly to the classroom or just drop them off at the door

I have 2 kids still in school, it is k thru 12 in one building and I have a 12th grader and a kindergartner...on the days the older needs a ride I drop them off and she walks her brother to class.
The days she has a ride I just have my son. He wants to go in on his own and he gets there the same time as all the other kids. If the kids find their own way off the bus he should be ok on his own, right?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i walk mine to school, then I just let them go on in...I have a kinder and 1st grader.....I used to worry, but now I dont. If they hated school and didnt want to be there, I would walk them as far as I could. lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 3:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My kindergartener and 3 graders take the bus to school so they walk to class by themselves. Then my 9 year-old twins were in kindergarten I used to walk them to their classroom for a month or so, then they refused to show up with their mommy haha!!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 11:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• They really frown on parents walking their kids the their class rooms after the 1st couple day so she just gets dropped off
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My DD takes the bus to school, but she's 12. I used to walk her to her classroom until she was in fifth grade. In fifth grade she walked to school by herself; I could watch her walk all the way into her school yard past the yard duty teacher from our backdoor stoop.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He's in Head Start so I have to walk him directly into the classroom and sign him in.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My kids are in private school so the teachers comes out at the door at 8am and take them all in. I see some parents leaving their kids there in the yard but i can't. i have to make sure i see my kids being taken in by the teacher.
    Supermommy23

Answer by Supermommy23 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• our school we have to drop them off at a drop off point by a door that a teacher is waiting by, then they go to the cafeteria before class
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• There is only one room per grade, very small building, he won't get lost
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My kids are in 2nd, 3rd and 5th grade and they walk themselves to and from the bus stop.  I have no idea what happens at the school once they are there.

Their old school was small, 1 classroom per grade (pk-8) and I have NEVER walked any of them to their classroom in any grade and never will.  At their old school they lined up in the parking lot with all the other kids and the teachers walked them in.  Last year I stopped walking them all together.  they walked themselves from March to the end of the year.  No one at that school besides preschool parents that got there late walked their kids in.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I drop mine off at the door
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010