How do you tell you friend they should get rid of the roaches?

I met a friend, from Cafemom, her and I became close. I recently took a trip to her house and noticed that she had roaches. I want to tell her but I'm not sure how I should start off the conversation. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Maybe tell her of a good product to use. but say it as like you have used it. But really she knows I am sure and in my experience of people that live with roaches in their home is they dont care, cause it they did they would try everything to get rid of them.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 9:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• well i am sure she knows that she has them, I wouldn't say anything unless i was really close to her and visiting like every day, but if you must say something just say i noticed you have roaches i use to have them at this one place i lived and i used ? to get rid of them .
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 9:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• honestly she probably does know, but i have noticed since i have been down in the south that it is hard to keep roaches out. we do everything we can to keep them out but some still get in. Are there a ton of roaches? a nasty amount of them? if so i would just say something to her, kids shouldnt be living in a place like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'd say try what the other ladies said. My fiance & I lived in an apartment that was ran by a slumlord. It was our first place together so it was cheap rent. The only thing we didn't know about the place was that it was infested with roaches. We sprayed constantly for them. We had a closet in our kitchen that we sprayed in the most & it actually sounded like it was raining from all the roaches falling off of the walls & ceiling. We are very clean people but since all the people around us had them we did too. If we walked into a dark room & turned the light on it looked like our floors were moving. It was disgusting but sometimes you just can't get rid of them no matter how hard you try. Finally we found out our apartment was infested with bed bugs too so we had enough & moved without giving notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• we've recently had some trouble with them, and i've used two boxes of the bait traps. they just won't go away, and it drives me absolutely up the freakin wall. we live in an apt and i think that the neighbors above us are trashy people and that's where they come from. i never see them take garbage out, they have a dog that's never outside... maybe she's doing something about it and it's just not working. it's a touchy subject to bring up, but i think i'd try to do it in the way the PP hae mentioned. FYI i've had the best luck with the combat bait stations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Thank you everyone for your answers, I am going to casually bring them up in a convo, I just didn't want to offend her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2008