Do you apologize after an argument, just to make peace?

Even if you don't think you were wrong, do you apologize just to make up and keep peace in the family?

I do. I can't even count the number of times that I've done it. I have my pride, but family is more important, so I suck it up and say "I'm sorry," even though in some ways it bothers me that the other person might be wrong too but doesn't want to admit it.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i always end up being the one to apoligize to much tension gives bad karma
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I apologize if something may have been mis-interpretted or misunderstood, like "I'm sorry if I wasn't clear when I explained that", or, "I'm sorry that you see it that way"....but if I haven't done anything wrong, I think it shows a sign of weakness to apologize, and it sends a signal that you're quite possibly a doormat. Now, if I'm definitely in the wrong and have screwed up...I'll fess up in a jiff.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No at all...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't honestly because they need to know how to apologize when they are wrong
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You bet. For the exact same reasons as you!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 11:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes i always want to be the peace maker. even if i wasn't wrong i like to apologize for the bad feelings between us or what ever the situation warrants as the reason why hard feelings are between. after all if you can't apologize and the other doesn't then you can never beginning to repair the situation and be friends again. i would never want to feel as i'm better or right over anyone else. so i make peace regardless of whose right or wrong cause it's not about that but about making peace.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No, I don't, unless I did or said something wrong and realise it later. My husband does the same.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not if I think that I am right in the arguement I will fight it tooth and nail to get my point across.
    MrsNance28

Answer by MrsNance28 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I cant bring myself to apologize for something if I havent done anything wrong, or if I believe what he has done is wrong. I was that way once upon a time, but realized if I keep apologizing when Ive done nothing wrong, then he feels as though what hes saying is true or right, and if it isnt then why should I agree?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I do i all the time and he knows it, that's why he does not give a hoop anymore about my feelings. If you are in the right, stop it....i have to put my foot down too because i'm getting so tired of being that "thing" i turned into since i'm with him.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010