Midwife or OBGYN?

which one for you? I had an OBGYN BUT if i had been well educated before my pregnancy about my options i would of definitley gone with a mid wife it's a BEAUTIFUL birth I felt like my experience was stolen from me, like my labor was pushed to fast they didn't let my body do what it does best. Highly recommend watching "The Buisness Of Making Babies" it will inform you of some real scary and important facts.

Proverbs3127

Asked by Proverbs3127 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have had both, an OB for my first and a Midwife for my second. If I choose to ever have any more kids, I will definitly go with a midwife again. With my OB (Or rather the practice I went to) I was shuffeled between 4 different OBs and a one nurse practitioner. I never saw any of them more than maybe twice before I went into labor. I could never get any questions answered, even if I called and called and called, they couldn't be bothered to call me back.

With my midwife, I only ever saw one person, though my entire pregnancy. She always either answered her phone, or if she was in another appointment, she called me back as soon as she was finished. All in all it was a better experiance and if I ever have another baby, I'll go with a midwife again.

And I have never seen The Business of Being Born either.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• go with a midwife!!!!! they work with you and listen to what you want...they don't just tell you "it's my way or no way" the way a doctor would
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• midwife all the way. I had a Dr for my second and will never do that again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I had two midwives for my water birth and wouldn't want it any other way. :-)
    AsiaCansler

Answer by AsiaCansler at 2:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I had a Mid. for both pregnancies. But, a regualr doctor delivered both times.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 11:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I use to love Midwives (Had them both of my pregnancies) but after my last experience I think I'm going to go to a OB GYN if I get pregnany again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• OBGYN was my choice.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• due to being high risk, i'm going with the OB. generally i prefer natural medicine to western medicine, however it is up to ME to make sure that my doctor follows my wishes - i'm not going to be talked into an unnecessary induction or c-section for convenience. i am telling my OB to wait until the pulse in the umbilical cord stops before cutting it, etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I had, and have an OB, I would never go any other way. I have seen that film and frankly disagree with a good amount of the propaganda in it. If I ever needed a reason not to have a midwife, that movie was it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• wow sorry you feel that way everyone i've recomended it to has completely loved it. I think mid-wife is the way to go!!!!!!
    Proverbs3127

Comment by Proverbs3127 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010