Being Gay and Being Christian...at the same time. ( Mostly for Christian Believers)

How do you feel about Gay marriage as a Christian? What if you are gay and you are also a Christian??? How can that be?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not being Christian, I can't offer any personal opinion here...but I would like to point out that there are some Christian denominations that don't feel that being gay is religiously prohibited.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't support gay marriage. I have a real hard time with the being gay and a christian thing but I know being gay is a sin... so is anger, envy, gossip, lust.. many things straight christians do all the time so who are we to judge their relationship and love for God and His love for them? But at the same time knowing it is a sin we should all try not to do these things... including being gay.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• whitenena i agree with you. i don't judge them and i do believe in lots of cases they can't help how they feel.but being a believe i know the thing to do is deny yourself for the Lord and do not act on your feelings...resist temptation. so it gets tricky and it can be very hard to live a christian life and have these feelings.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 9:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't support gay marriage because the Bible speaks against it. I believe that every person has his own weaknesses and temptations. Gays can be Christians. Sin comes in when the desires are acted upon.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• In times like this...I turn to the old adage What Would Jesus Do? I don't think Jesus would condemn gay people and tell them they were evil or wrong. He would pray for them. I myself support gay people, their rights, and gay marriage. I think everyone deserves to be happy, and by banning gay marriage it's just causing more problems than it's worth. There are other ways to get married nowadays, anyway. They don't have to get married in a church.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't support gay marriage. The bible speaks of homosexuality as a sin. Therefore i do consider it a sin just like fornication, adultery, gossiping, lying etc. are sins. Are there people who are Christians who do these things? Yes.. we are not perfect. However, we are not to continue in those sins. Now before someone tells me that homosexuals are born that way I will say yes I agree with them... they are born that way... we are all born sinners (no one teaches a 2 year old how to lie). However, you can be set free from those sins and ask forgiveness. Next, what about when I try but I still struggle with homosexual thoughts? We all have struggles and each day we just have to seek God to overcome the temptations of those sins and the lifestyle of sin.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i dont believe you can be a gay and be a christian. the bible says homosexuality is a SIN . if you are gay then there is obviously something missing in your heart and that is the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i don't believe in gay marriage either and i don't believe that they were born that way. the lord doesn't make mistakes and he says it is sin to be that way. i think something in their life conditioned them to think or act upon a moment that was a gay moment and was trapped into sin when acted upon. it's just like other sins or vices that people carry that they work through all their life to get over. i think you can believe in god and still be gay. your just living in your sin but no one is without sin. we sin daily when we treat others or have bad thoughts etc.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• it's their personal choice to repent or not. i think most have convinced themselves that they were born that way to justify themselves to society. i know someone that was raped as a child for 5 yrs and he is gay. i think it was that that made him be that way. some are not so obvious but isn't that how the adversary works. they can get just as trapped. i treat and love everyone as the lord would have be do.
    melody77