its happens to every mom, so what was yours like?

being a 1st time mom your bound to be nervous and make mistakes and feel fustration by wondering if your doing it right or if yoiur screwing up. I was recovering from a c section and my son was 2 weeks old and im anemic so i was very weak because i lost alot if blood during c section and my husband had to go to work, after my husband left not even 5 minutes later my son woke up crying so i changed his and he had just eaten half an hour ago i just gave him his pacifer but i was freaking out nervous cuz it was me and him alone the for the 1st time, i didnt notice that the pacifer had alil bit of his diaper rash ointment on it and he spit it out and i put it back in, and out it came again thats when i noticed it i wiped his mouth clean and called poisen control and spoke to a lovely lady and told me its not harmful jus gonna leave a horribel taste in mouth and thats all, she told me to calm down and relax, felt so bad for days

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol.
    when my son was like 6 or 7 months old, i didnt strap him in the highchair right, and he fell out face forward :(
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Oh gosh, I called Poison Control so many times before I realized that most things were harmless. I think the first time was when he got a hold of his gummy vitamins and polished off the entire jar (it was half full). But they said as long as it didn't have iron or something else in it, he would be fine. It had neither, and he was. I thought I had the jar up where he couldn't reach it, but he was a tricky little boy.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• lol this was mine i was 24 and a new mom i was still in the hospital i got to change my daughter and i put the diaper on backward. It was so funny the nurse laugh too.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My baby girl was home for the first night. She was sleeping peacefully then burst out screaming her head off. I get up to check her (it's dark in the room) and she is SOAKED in something. I freaked out, turn on the light and she is covered in BLACK STUFF! I started screaming and woke her dad and grandma up. Her dad and I are standing in the hallway screaming for his mom thinking we are going to be calling an ambulance and going to the hospital for our deathly sick infant. She walks out, see's us crying, looks at the clock (like 2am, lol) and says, "It's poop honey. Calm down, relax, give her a bath, redress her and go to bed."

RFLMFAO! IT WAS POOP!

I freaked then.... I laugh now, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• lol poop, my husband and i noticed my son was always wet from which ever side he slept on, he would sleep on his side for fear of sids, so my husband said maybe he sweats alot and he sniffed the wet area and it didnt smell like pee, and his diaper wasnt even soiled to leak out, acouple of days later my mom visits and says y is his pee coming up out of him so much she checked his diaper turns out my husband and i werent putting his man gun downward, but upwards and his diaper was lose we werent putting it tight enough so it was loose his little area was up and he would just pee up and slide down to his side lol. my husband and i were like omg how could we have been so stupid lol
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Oh that first scary moment? Probably when he fell off the bed. I think he was 7 or 8 months old? I can't remember for sure.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My son got into my purse when I was in the bathroom and ate a stacker pill I had in there (he was 2yrs old). I called poison control and was freaking out and felt like and aweful mother but the lady reasured me that he'd be fine but that he might not go to bed for a while. Scary!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was changing my son in the hospital and he peed right in his face...poor little thing...I didnt have a clue what I was doing! hahaha....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The nurse had told me to wake her every 2-3 hours to feed her, I was nursing.....So, yep, I set the alarm for the first 3 weeks, until my friend, Julie, caught on to what was going on....LOL. THEN, we were SO stupid, we didn't even wean her... we let her cry it out for 2 weeks, my poor baby :( If I'd known then...
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010