Have you ever had post partum depression

LoVe4Free

Asked by LoVe4Free at 12:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. I'm struggling with it right now. Luckily I've got a great support system for dealing with this.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yep. I had it til my oldest was about 8 months old. My biggest regret is not seeking help out of fear that I'd lose my baby.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i have met lots of women working through the children's ER who were quite clearly suffering and all i can say is not to ignore it, seek help asap. it doesnt make you a 'bad mom' or mean that you arent meant for parenthood.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes I did with both mine. I just wish i had not waited to long with my first.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes... I let it go until my son was 6 months. I didn't believe my then finace that I had it. Thankfully I never wanted to hurt my baby, I just didn't want to do anything "extra" with him. I washed him, feed him, changed him & played a little but no very much.. I got help for it when he was 6 months old & I'll always regret not getting help earlier. I think if I had, I wouldn't have left my now hubby........No wait, I would have... but thats a different story.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes I did but i didn't want to admit it. I then got help and was saddened that the doctor said I'd have to stop breastfeeding with the pills they gave me. That was 7yrs ago and I know what I'm getting myself into this time so i'm going to talk to my doctor now about pills I can take that are safe when breastfeeding because I don't want to have to stop.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Looking back now, I can say yes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes but that was years ago.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I am going through now. Thankfully, we knew it was a possibility, so I am on medication and can sleep which was a problem before. I couldn't sleep even when the baby slept. I am doing better though. It is a hormonal thing that happens to women. If you have it, I suggest to get on medication and get help through therapy. Sometimes, all of us need tools to deal with a new situation.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010