I'm scared about giving birth!!! I want to do a Vbac but I'm a sissy when it comes to pain!

With my son (7yrs ago) I had a c-section. I chalk it up to being young and ill informed of my decisions. I was a week overdue and was induced, then had an epidural after 23hrs of labor. With this pregnancy, I don't want induced and I want to try for a Vbac but want to try for a natural birth (worried the epidural with stop labor like last time). Thing is, I'm a sissy when it comes to pain. Do you think I can do it? I am going to talk to my doctor about my options but when they found out I had a c-section with my son they asked me which doctor I wanted to perform this c-section. They didn't even give me a choice! Nervous!! I don't wanna be strapped down on a table to have my child!

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I recommend you take Lamaze classes, they help you out so much to deal with the pain, and inform you of what to expect, of course you can do it! anyone can!

Answer by older at 12:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Thank you Older. I know that anyone can do it...I'm just nervous is all, lol.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Take a Bradly Class they are great for a natural birth. Hire a Doula they are a great support person. You can so anything you put your mind too. Also having a great supporters. I know you can do it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• try a water birth! i know it sounds scary but im 19 and i had an at home water birth and believe me i was extremly scared for the birth. i was using hypnobirth to help my mind relax and it helped alot too, ( until the pushing, then it got annoying-i just wanted it quiet). as soon as i stepped into the water my pain went down by atleast 50%. This was my first child - but there are so many women that have had a HWBAC =)
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I had a natural birth with my daughter, no epidural, and it was the best over having the epidural with my son, my advice to you is do not get an epidural, you will feel so much better after delivery and so proud of your self, good luck! :) (The pushing will also go a lot quicker since you will be able to feel contractions to push, I pushed for 2 minutes with my daughter.)
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Of course you can do it! Your body was specifically designed to give birth. I am going for an all natural VBAC too. My friend who had natural births with both of her children gave me the best advice. She said right when you get to that point where you think you just can't take the pain anymore, you are almost done. Get through that phase of labor and you can get through the rest.
    Good luck to you! Trust your body. Push when you want to, not when they say. Feeling your contractions can help ALOT.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well... I will say that I've had epidurals with both of my girls. DD1 I pushed for 10 minutes. DD2 was out in 1 push (and I didn't tear with her). And they greatly sped up my labors. Everyone is different, I guess.

That said, if you don't want a repeat C-section, ask around until you find a doctor who will support VBAC. You can also do a little research online to find out techniques for discovering if your doctor is genuinely supportive or just smiling and nodding.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have had two natural births...Most recentlly 3 weeks ago...You can do it. YOU CAN! Just think "only 2 minutes till this is over" throughout each contraction..Then the same when you start pushing...And always remember they didnt have pain medication before...Everyone did it "naturally".

I had a bad reaction to the iv fluids that the dr said I "needed for the baby"...So it didnt go as i planned but my son is here and is doing great. I reccommend no iv, no drugs, etc..Its a GREAT experience..Just find out what makes you comfortable!

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• good luck and try to relax
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010