Could my bf's migraine meds b affecting his libido? adult content

My bf gets migraines that are so bad that he misses at least 3-4 days of work a month, and is on several different meds to prevent them and help with the pain, he use to have a strong "drive" but everytime they change his meds, it seems to go down, and now he doesnt seem to even care wether we do anything or not... is it possible that it could b his meds that are affecting it? what can I do to get him interested again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Absolutely..they're essentially muscle relaxers, not good. It must be hard for you to not take that personally or feel hurt by it, poor thing, that sucks, I'm sorry. I get severe migraines myself and have found alternative ways to deal with them, I won't take drugs and I am much better now, send me an invite if you want and I'll tell you what helps me.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• def not good. get off those meds! try a natural medicine!
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It depends. Some medications that are used for migraines are anti-depressants or mood stabilizers, which typically have an impact on drive. (Tricyclic Antidepressants and some anti-seizure meds like Topamax) Triptans and ergot alkaloids (like Imitrex and Midrin) aren't typically linked to decreased drive.
    It could also be related to the fact that your boyfriend is often in serious pain. I think the best way to help him is to do what you can to make sure he isn't in pain, then ask him if he is willing to talk to his doctor about playing around with his doses. However, be prepared for him to say no. Ask anyone who suffers from a chronic, painful condition, and I'm sure they will agree - the number one priority is not being in pain. If he's tried several combinations of drugs and has finally settled on one that works, he may not be willing to mess with it.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010