Do you feel Cafemom is welcoming to women of all faiths or do you feel it is overwhelmingly Christian? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i most certainly is not welcome to all faiths, us pagans are not only outnumbered but we're not so warmly welcomed either
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it*
    aliishott2

• welcoming to women of all faiths for sure It's Cafemom all moms are welcome here..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• CafeMom itself is welcoming to all - there are some moms here that aren't; and many Christian ladies are members.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I feel that there are a lof of Christians on cafemom, but it's not like cafemom only welcomes Christian moms.... they just happen to be majority.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Actually I've found a lot of open minded woman here no matter their faith. CM has no control over what religion we are. They don't kick off people based on our faith. I think the number of Christians vs. other religions just reflects the national numbers.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I remember this message when i got here and i was excited to get it ..Everyone here should know Robin..
    Hi! Welcome to CafeMom!
    Please feel free to join The CafeMom Newcomers Club!
    It's a great place to get started, meet other moms like you, and find active conversations!
    I hope to see you there!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/cafemomnewcomers
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well, the US is 77% Christian. Statistically, it will be more Christian. If you want a forum that is more of another group, start a forum, advertise it, and recruit members. I could care less whether you are pagan, wiccan, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or worship snails. Just be polite and respectful in voicing your opinions. I haven't seen a lot of post where Christians bash a particular religion; however, I have seen a lot of posts where Christians are bashed and then blamed for the bashing by the poster. Or, Christians are called all kinds of names. I haven't seen a lot of name calling of pagans, wiccans, jews or muslims, but when it happens, Christians are automatically blames. So, maybe this isn't a Christian friendly forum.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The site itself? Yes, I believe it's welcoming. The community? Well... I think the Christian women who aren't acting with respect and tolerance stick out a lot more than those of us who are overjoyed to have some diversity and an opportunity to learn more.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think the reason some faiths may feel they are outnumbered is because there's a higher Christian population in general, but as for not welcoming other religions, I don't see that at all on here. You are always going to have prejudice no matter where you go, there are those who just don't accept someone because they are different. But this site as a whole is not biased, prejudice or unwelcoming.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 12:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010