what was your 1st reaction when you found out you were pregnant?

my fiance at the time wanted a baby so we tried and all the home pg test were negative so i went to my obgyn for a better test and it was postive and i was 6 weeks along, my fiance was in waiting room, i come out and tell him it was positive he had a confused look on his face and its like he realized wat positve meant and said "brain fart lol omg are you serious how much" lol we are married now and this time i told him positive againg with this baby on the way he was like alright i remember positive lol. how did your husband, bf, fiance react when you told him the news?

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Both of us were shocked
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• LOL..Your husband is funny!

We were both extremely happy the first time..And the second...It seemed different though..
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• first thoughts:
    with #1- How am i going to tell my mom...
    #2- YAYYYYYY!!!!
    when we found out #2 were twins-i cried i was so happy, my dh stood there in shock,lol
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 1:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• lol my husband truly is something else we have had our shares of ups and downs but always makes me laugh
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My then fiance (now hubby) was in as much shock as I was. I was told that I wouldn't be able to have a child, So once a week for the month of Oct. 2004 he made me take a test (a few times before I had taken test that showed up pos. & ened up being untrue..) After the third one we pretty much knew I was. We were both shocked as hell....

With the very first test I took though, He wasn't around, & was going to meet me at the friends house where I took the test, (Believe it nor not I wasn't even late, I took the test to cover up for her. LONG STORY. But she thought she was & didn't want her bf to know, so we both took a test Mine was post. Hers was Neg.) & while I was waiting I cried, laughed, cried some more & of course paniced.

When he finally got there I ran from him crying & when he followed me I just shoved the test under his nose...... He went to get a beer.... & didn't say anything at first. I was soo worried.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Cont.

When he came out of his shock, He wanted to call & tell everyone He was so excited. I made him wait until Nov 24th, *his fathers birthday & after a trip to the doctors* To tell his family & then we told family & friends.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The look of being totally stressed out was on his face come to think of it. Not at all the first impression you'd want from someone you are having a baby with. He kind of took all the good out of it all.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• With my first I cry like an idiot because I was teen.

The second scream so loud and got out of the bathroom running and naked into the living room where my sister and our friend was they thought someone was in the bathroom and started screaming lol. It was a scream of happyness.

The third I was like OMG and I'm only 8 weeks pp. Lol We are crazy Steve. We knew there was a chance becasue we had sex and the condom got stuck inside..tmi..I lost this baby.

The fourth I was confused because the test was negative, five minutes later positive and I was thinkin "this has to be a dream". Then we I got my digital test I was soooo happy and then I was SCARED of having another m/c. But now I'm happy, It's been 20 weeks and the baby still here.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 1:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• firstborn = Oh thank God.... then disbelief, bad thoughts, etc. I bought and took pregnancy tests throughout the entire thing. Even once I could feel him. I needed constant reassurance

2nd: omg, really? thrilled, blessed, elated.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• With my First: OMG!!! WOW I need to tell mom, dad, inlaws, people down the street.... people at the store lol. Second Pregnancy: Oh no every one is going to shoot us! But our baby is only 11 months old... this cant be happening yet... and then the funny question "how did this happen!"
    MagicJellybean

Answer by MagicJellybean at 1:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010