how soon after rubber bands do you get your braces off?

My daughter just got rubber bands on two days ago, shes wearing them every day and willl continue to do so, how much longer do you usually have after recieving rubber bands?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It is different for everyone. My older sister had to keep them on for another 6 months. My younger sister had them for 3 months.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It really depends on what her issues were. I had rubber bands from from the get-go, but only wore braces 18 months because my ortho did adustments every 3 wks.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I had rubber bands put on from the start and had to wear them every day. I had braces for 2 years
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It depends on how long it takes the rubber bands to do their job.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It differs from person to person and case to case. There is no set time. The national average for braces is 18-24 mnths. But if your child has a narrow pallet or an underbite it can be many years.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I used to work on teenagers with braces when I was a dental assistant...it really just depends on the person. Ie. how old they are, what the dentist is trying to do with the bands (close a gap, pull something forward or down, close a open bite.) UsuallyI have seen about 6 to 8 months being the longest but it really can just vary.
    hillydilly

Answer by hillydilly at 10:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010