Sex after ectopic

So my doctor said to wait for 2 weeks to have sex after ecctopic pregnancy surgery. However, I have been searching online and most sites say to wait 6 weeks. Well, we waited 13 days because that's what my doctor said, but now I'm aching on the side where the pregnancy was and having dark brown discharge (I'm 3 weeks post surgery). My doctor saved my tube ... what's going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• I don't have any experience with an ectopic or anthing like that, sorry. BUT I do know that most of the time if you are having brown discharge, it's usually "old" blood. I found this out when i was having it pretty heavy during my last pregnancy. It's basically blood that's been sitting in your cervix/uterus that hasn't come out yet. Hope that helps until you get better answers :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010