I have a question about C-sections?

This was something I was wondering? Do you bleed after you have a c-section like if you have a vaginal birth? I never thought about it and wanted to know? Thanks

Seterah1010

Asked by Seterah1010 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. 3 weeks for both my C-section and my vaginal birth. It's from the uterus cleaning itself out after giving birth, has nothing to do with how you give birth.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have had two c-sections and bled for 6 weeks after the first and 4 weeks after the second. Your body still knows you are no longer pregnant and needs to flush out all the baby goo and blood and start regulating for your next period. It sucks I know :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yep. Your body still has all of the same stuff to get rid of. It sucked. I bleed with both for 8 weeks straight! uhg!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• YES AND A LOT I HAD 3 C-SECTIONS...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yepp. I totally forgot that it would happen too. So I was laying there and all of the sudden I felt a gush of blood .... I thought my incision was bleeding!! I was totally freaking out haha!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yep, sure do. When delivering the blood comes from your uterus, not your vagina. So in a c section your uterus is still involved, it cleans itself out and probubly has some trauma to it just like in vaginal births so you still bleed :) I bled for 3 weeks with mine!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well i did when i had my c-section..but not as long
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i had 5 c sections & with each one i only bleed for 3 weeks it was not heavy at all it was way lgihter then what u would normally have...my dr did a D&C after each birth to help healing faster & easier...i was back to "normal" by 1 month
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes you do.. i've had 2 c-sections..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing as I just found out (after already assuming myself due to a medical condition) that I will be having a c-section.
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010