Why do men have to suck?

I have been up all night with our 3 week old...Im now up with our 5 yr old and my 10 yr old SS. I was going to go take a nap before getting up to clean the house, do laundry, and go grocery shopping considering there is like nothing in my fridge except apples, onions, cucumbers and oranges...

So he texts me and says "I have to work...In DC(were in MD) so why dont we all go..."

So who is going to get shit done around the house? I get to let it pile up for tomorrow...Probably still without sleep...UGH!

He does this all the time..Makes plans to do things at the last minute when there is sooo much to do at home...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• YOU ARE NOT THE 1ST OR THE LAST...MEN WAS CREATED WITH NO COMMONSENSE...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Maybe it's me, but I dont' see the big deal. Just tell him no, or that you can't go. Then stay home and do what you need to do. I've learned after 13 years of marriage to choose my battles and this is one not worth fighting over :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I perfectly understand what you are saying but I would die to get my husband to ask me to come along. All I've ever asked him was to be together as a family no matter where and how. You have little ones and with no rest and that is very hard I agree with you but is there any way possible to let the housework go for a day and meet with your husband for family time? Housework never ends and it will still be there when you come back. I'm sure your husband would rather have you and his children with him than a clean house. Sorry If I'm no help.
    momplus01

Answer by momplus01 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Long night rough morning.. I think most all of us have had those here and there..

May I ask before I continue.............................

Did he know that you had planned to do these things today?
    Did you tell him on the phone that you had things you planned on and needed to do.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm not seeing where he "sucks" for this. So he wants yall to go so you can all spend time together, why not appreciate it? At least he's not leaving you home alone w/o a second thought. Did he know you had all that planned? Did you ask for help with the kids or baby? Why not just go and have a good day, or tell him no and go on with the things you have to get done? BTW not all men "suck" or lack common sense.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Ummm, I realize LO's, no sleep, and housework have got you frazzled, but he wants to take you away from the house and spend 'family time'. That sounds pretty good. Maybe this is his way of helping you out... Go get pretty, put on a smile, and try to relax and have fun. I know you're tired, but the rest of the stuff can wait until tomorrow!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 5:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have to agree with LorisChar, it seems to me that the lack of sleep and the overwhelming responsibilities are getting to you a bit. It's not worth starting a huge fight over this. Take a deep breath, go lock yourself in the bathroom for 10m. It's just stuff, it will get done eventually. What matters most is that your family is healthy & happy. :)
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 2:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It sounds like he is trying to spend time with his family when he has work that could just seperate him from you. You are not going to like this.
    If you are a SAHM, can you organize yourself to be ready for these adventures. Now, if the kids are too sick, you might have to stay home and tell him that hopefully you all can make it next time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i dont know but you could be in a worse situation and have a husband who doesnt even want to spend time with you, who barely really sees you because he is too absorbed in his video games. Be grateful he actually thinks enough of you to want to do something. I would love my husband to do that but i dont think he ever will.
    chilligirl

Answer by chilligirl at 7:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010