How long to Swaddle?

My son is 4 months old, I was wondering about how long do leave them swaddled at night? He is still doing fine, I was just wondering how long was the normal.

Thanks

brannen

Asked by brannen at 9:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as he is fine and happy, just leave him. he will let you know when he doesnt want it anymore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• As long as he wants to be. My son never really liked it. But.. my mom is a Lactation Consultant & she says Swaddling is one of the best things for infants. That and skin to skin. So.. as long as he enjoys it, do it!! Hope that helps
    Mommycakes06

Answer by Mommycakes06 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• as long as they like it!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• as long as they like it or until they start wriggling out of it...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree as long as he still likes it, both my girls only lasted about a month and then they threw thier arms out of it..LOL!!!
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 10:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I heard that doing it for up to six months can have great benefits, if your baby cooperates. I have a Halo Sleepack that came with a swaddle feature. It attaches to the sack itself so it won't come loose while baby sleeps.

I was, however, instructed by our nurse in the NICU not to let him sleep with his arms swaddled. Once he's asleep, I guess you're supposed to pull them out of the wrap. His body will still feel tightly snuggled, but he'll have the freedom to wiggle his arms...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My daughter is almost 6 months and she is still sort of swaddled, but wiggles out... I only swaddle her arms, and thats how she falls asleep. Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2008