Does anybody on here celebrate New Year's? If so, are you planning to continue celebrating it and give your kid one gift for it? What we have done in the past is give each other a gift to celebrate New Year's and toasted the New Year with an alcoholic beverage like champagne. Now, we are wondering if we should give our son a gift to celebrate it as well. Any ideas?

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 1:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• YEAHHHHHHHHHHH COQUITOS WITH RUM...YUMMMMY OH I WANT NEW YEARS TO COME...LOL
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I didn't know New Year's was a gift giving holiday.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We celebrate New Years. But we do not give gifts for it. We usually just have a get together with a bunch of family & friends, and tons of food & yes we do have alcohol as well.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have never heard of giving gifts at new years. All we do is have a home party. We invite our friends and family and their kids and have a WII night with the kids. At about 11:30 we turn on the tv and watch the ball drop all together and toast the new year with Champain also. As for the kids they are aloud to stay up and enjoy with us but when it comes to toasting we get white sparkling grape juice and toast with them. They have a blast.

As for if you should get your little one a gift, I feel if that is your tradition why not carry it on with your child. I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Have a great time.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 2:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We basically just have a toast at midnight and that's it. New Year's Day is my mom's birthday so no one gets gifts other than her.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I've never heard of giving gifts on New Year's either. If that's what works for you guy though, then it's nice. In our house New Year's is a night for our son to spend the night with his grandparents. I never spent New Year's with my parents, I always slept over my grandmother's house and I looked forward to it every year. I didn't realize until I was an adult that it was so that my parents could cut loose with their friends :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It never occurred to me to hand my kids a gift on New Years but I like the idea....usually I let them ring in the new year with non alcoholic cider and have munchies, I have full strength champagne myself
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010