BABY MAMA...

for those of you thats husband had a child with another women b4 you do you guys deal with her? are you the middle person?
ok my husband and his baby mama HATE each other i mean they can kill each other every time they are around each other even is the baby is around. so today she calls me crying and i feel bad for her and understand both sides. i am as well a mom and have 2 kids with my ex husband and would love to have his wife be as nice as i am with this girl. i don't think i am over steeping my boundary cuz i want to do it to keep the baby from seeing her mom and dad fight. i rather do the pick up and drop off and if the baby mama needs me for anything i am willing to help her out. am i wrong? my husband loves it he loves the fact that she deals with me and not with him. HE HAS A LOT OF ANGER FOR HER. and i understand him cuz she sometimes takes the baby for month without letting him see the baby.

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 1:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would be mad at my husband for not being mature enough to deal with the woman he had a child with.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think it's awesome if you two can get along that well. But I really think your husband and her need to come to some middle ground too. It is HIS job to deal with her whether he likes it or not, not yours. In my situation, I'm the one with a kid by another guy. However my baby's daddy wants nothing to do with my child except maybe once or twice a year. My situation is totally different though. We don't have to deal with him because he's never around. No matter what though.. situations like these are always tough! good luck
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think your a saint, I think you being the go between not only helps the parents but the child. hopefully one day they both can be civil to each other in front of the child. until then the baby is lucky to have you to help the parents out. Good Luck
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 1:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• THATS THE THING I DONT SEE THIS 2 EVER GETTING ALONG...SHE HAS BROKEN HIS CAR IN A FIGHT AND BOTH ARE ALWAYS AT EACH OTHERS NECKS...AND LIKE I SAID I DO NOT WANT MY STEP DAUGHTER (SOUNDS HORRIBLE THE STEP I KNOW JUST EXPLAINING I NEVER CALL HER STEP ANYTHING SHE IS MY PRINCESS JUST LIKE MY OTHER GIRLS) TO NOT HAVE TO BE HURT BY HER PARENTS ACTIONS. AND HIS BABY MAMA EVERYONE IN HIS FAMILY HATES HER BUT I DONT EVER WANT TO HAVE A FIGHT SHE HAS CROSSED THE LINE OUT OF ANGER WITH ME IN THE PASS BUT I CAN HOLD A GRUDGE...I CANT EVEN HATE HER SHE GAVE LIFE TO MY ANGEL AND THAT LITTLE GIRL IS MY WORLD..

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm not in this situation, but I think it's great that she and you can behave civilly towards one another. Maybe encourage your so and the bm to sit down and air their differences so everyone can behave like mature adults for the baby. And also, set up a strict schedule so she can't keep the baby away (understand why that makes him angry, it's not fair to the child or the father). GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Your husband needs to grow up and she does too. They need to learn to get along for the sake for their child. I have a stepson and his mom and I get along great. My husband has actually never talked to her. I'm sure they'll get along but I handle everything since my husband is always deployed. I think it's great your there for your SD.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was the same way with my husbands x before she passed away i picked up my stepdaughter dropped her off they never even saw eachother keep up with what you are doing its healthy for the baby to not see the argument and feel the tension your a good person i hope you stay that way
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 11:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010