can being angry.??

can being angry and stressed hurt my baby?? im 33weeks and i have terrible cold. ive been really stressed out and angry at dh for the last 3days and the baby hasnt been moving alot and ive been having tons of watery disharge,

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 1:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• stress can cause early labor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• pregnancy IS stress and anger is part of being human...if stress hurt a baby there would be millions more deformed babies in the world
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You should go get that watery discharge looked at by your doctor. It could be a slow leak. Don't worry about the stress and anger, that is part of life. Try to relax, for your own sanity, but it should not affect your baby.

Hope you start feeling better.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• different schools of thought.. realistically you ARE putting out a large amount of vaso-constricting hormones and neurohormones which in THEORY could restrict blood to the uterus... there are alot of people who believe it's more damaging than that but i dont know... alot of babies are born healthy to really stressed moms and unhealthy babies are born to moms that do pregnancy by the book... the maternal fetal specialist seems to think that my high stress level contributed to my small gestational age baby...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 1:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was told by my OBGYN that your baby can feel everything you're feeling. Sadness,anger,happiness,etc. I think it has something to do with the baby feeding off your adrenaline or something. Chemicals in your body are produced when you have certain emotions, and I think they are passed on to the baby. He told me that a happy mom, means happy baby. I had a lot going on during my pregnancy and had to be put on anti-depressants...a safe one for pregnant moms. [I have been on meds for depression for 13 years prior to being pregnant] -Also, I have that babies can sense your emotions even out of utero. So don't be afraid to tell your doctor about your stress!

XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 2:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I will tell you this. When my sister was 8 months pregnant with my niece, we found out my mom had colon cancer and that is was a bad prognosis. We all cried for weeks, frustration, anger, and fear, were our normal during that time. My sister had her baby and she is the sweetest, calmest one of her kids.

While super stress is not good for babies, a few bad days is not going to permanently damage your baby. Try to feel better and try to relax... I know easier said than done :)
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• not the best story to tell but here goes.... When I was 8 months pregnant, my husband went to work (to the next state) and didnt come home til the next day. That night I went through every emotion possible I didnt sleep AT ALL, and I smoked my cigarettes. My baby never moved after that, I went to my doctor and by pure coincedence my baby had passed on but my doctor informed me that my actions had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what happened. some blood tests prior had come out off too but we didnt think anything of that. Anyway the point is my doc and I talked alot that day and he informed me stress, high, emotions, etc. will not harm the fetus that they are much stonger than people think they are. I wouldnt worry about it, life is stress so if this were the case absolutely everyone would have problems with babies and pregnancies, etc.
    MeGirl04049

Answer by MeGirl04049 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think you should call your ob and tell them about whats going on to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yea
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010