Eczema. Help!

I have a 13 month old with very bad eczema. I've been to his pediatrician and serveral dermatologists. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

olivia3579

Asked by olivia3579 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what things have they had you try? When my son was younger his was very bad...they did several differnt kinds of steroid creams and eventually when he was almost 2 they had us use elidel...it worked great (but i dont think they use it anymore because of some problems with it) after we got it under control with that we just use aquaphor and limit baths to every other day with luke warm water.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• where's it at? my dd had it on her face for a long time.. it would come and go.. but the dr gave me 2 creams to put on it some steriod cream and some antibiotic stuff..it worked with my dd.. hope you get it taken care of...
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's everywhere! He has it really bad. They've tryd the steriods. 1st it was hydrocortizone 1% then a stronger hydrocortizone then a bunch of other creams, oitments etc... can't remember all the names. His derma. told me 2 bath him as much as possible because that keeps the moisture in his skin and to moisturize often. I've been doing this and it's still there.
    olivia3579

Comment by olivia3579 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have heard good things about Vanicream and Cetaphil. Have you tried either of those? How about trying special clothing designed to help with eczema? Halo makes a line of clothing called Technical Comfort that is even has a seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association. The fabric is very soft and breathable. You can get more info at www.halocomforts.com.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 10:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010